Monday, March 5, 2012

A Day in Villa Escudero

Right now i'm in Villa Escudero in Laguna and I'm enjoying the view of the waterfalls while eating lunch. When I mean enjoying the view of the waterfalls I mean standing right beside the waterfall while eating lunch at the flowing water right at the end of the man-made waterfall. Still don't get what I mean, we'll here's a picture!


Before actually eating by the falls, we went to the museum riding a carabao pulled trolley. It was just beautiful! There was so much stuff to see! It ranged from a vintage scuba diving suite, to old peso bills, to old shark teeth. I really did love it (considering I love vintage stuff).

Right after eating a wonderful lunch at the falls, we hung out with a  Tita Maricar at a hut nearby because she wasn't feeling well due to high blood pressure. After a while the "gang" aka Lolo Doc's visitors and Dad and the kids began hanging out with me, Tita Maricar, Mom, and Tita Jean. Just then we saw our ride coming in a distance that would bring us to the cultural dance show.

We hopped on the "carabao-mobile" and headed for the show. The seats we filled downstairs, so I headed straight upstairs, and found the perfect spot. The narrator spoke and I listened and watches the dancers sway and move gracefully. They did a variety of different dances that I liked, but my favorite was the Tinikling.

We decided to go stay for a while when lolo docs visitors left so the kids swam (but i didn't cause i was cold) and I discovered the free kayaking in their river. When the kids were getting cold we headed straight to the bamboo kayak booth, grouped up ( with me and happy as teams, and set off to the river in the kayaks. Because me and happy were teams, and because happy didn't know how to row we took a bit slow to get a hand of maneuvering the boat but we did well. :P




It was time to go, we said bye to Tita Maricar, Carl, and Tita Jean and waited for our ride to the parking lot. The trip was a long way home, but we got home safely with dinner served on the table and tita maricar and tita jean sitting beside us.

No comments:

Post a Comment